Last Updated on
If you are looking for healthy dinner recipe, pay your attention to this one! Easy and tasty vegetarian Acorn Squash dish with maple syrup glaze will please your eyes and taste!
Total Time to make 2 servings – 60 min.
Preparing: 10 min. + Baking: 50 min.
- 1 acorn squash (halved)
- water: 3/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- brown sugar: 2 tablespoons
- walnuts: 1/2 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°. Remove seeds from the acorn squash, take 13×9-in. baking dish and place there two squash halves cut side down. Add water and start baking, uncovered.
In 40-45 minutes, turn squash cut side up, put in each half equal amount of walnuts and pour maple syrup glaze inside them. To make the Maple Glaze, combine syrup, ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer – the glaze with nuts inside should heat through.
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Use Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- Use ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!