The taste of summer in the jar. It is a challenge to describe the feeling the Conserve gives you! The way it looks and smells makes you feel like home. The best complement to the tea! Whenever you miss the sun – open the most sunny-mood dish ever and get warm!
The time to prepare 11 half-pints jars – 55 minutes
- chopped peeled sour apples: 12 cups (6 pounds)
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 4 cups
- brown sugar: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 teaspoon
- pumpkin pie spice: 1 teaspoon
- toasted walnuts: 2 cups (chopped)
Take a saucepan big enough to combine apples with sugars and maple syrup, add cinnamon and pie spice. Put the saucepan on the cooker and bring this mixture to a boil. Keep cooking it uncovered for about 20 minutes, maybe a little longer, until the apples become rather tender but not very soft. Add and stir walnuts to our gold-amber mixture. Return to the cooker and cook it boiling 5 more minutes.
Now our hot treat is ready to be ladled into 11 hot half-pint jars, leaving little headspace on the top (1/4-in.). If there are air bubbles – remove them and add some more hot apple mixture, if necessary. Next steps are to close the jars. To do it, firstly, wipe the rims, center the lids on the jars and screw on bands until tight.
Little more boiling is needed: place a number of closed hot jars into the canner with slightly simmering water. Make sure that all jars inside are completely under the water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling 10 minutes longer. Very carefully remove the jars and cool them down. Do the same actions with remaining jars.
Jelly-jam apple dessert in small beautiful jars is a suitable decoration for the any-occasion table! You can enjoy every bite of the Apple-Maple Conserve alone, or with your family, or present it to your friends and share the summer-mood at the cup of tea.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!