Healthy, colorful, delicious, easy, quick – how many more adjectives should be used to describe how wonderful this salad is!
Total Time to make the Salad – 10 min. only!
- packed fresh greens: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Dark Color Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
- black pepper (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- walnuts: 1/4 cup
- white cheddar, cut into chunks: 2 oz.
- sliced apple: 1/2
First, let us make a special maple dressing for the salad! Whisk together the maple syrup, mustard and black pepper. Set aside for a while.
Mix the greens and top the dish with walnuts, cheddar and apple. Drizzle enough with the maple syrup mixture.
The look and the smell of this bright-colored salad, without mentioning the taste itself, will make your head spinning and stomach rumbling.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
• Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips and sauces;
• Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
• Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees and chili spices;
• Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
• Great in cheese, onion, cream and spicy dips!