An additional variation on a baked French Toasts dish. Maple-Bacon is a winning hand in the world of flavors. By adding these ingredients to your French Toast you create a savory breakfast meal, which goes well not only in the morning but at any get-together occasion.
The time needed to cook 10 servings: Preparing: 30 min. + Chilling (an hour or night in the fridge)+ Baking: 40 min.
- 8 eggs
- half-and-half cream: 2 cups
- 2% milk: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 /2 teaspoon
- nutmeg (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- spices: a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper
- cubed French Bread or French Toasts
- bacon (cooked and crumbled): 6 strips
- melted butter: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 cup
- chopped and toasted pecans (walnuts, peanuts ): 1/2 cup
- corn syrup: 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 teaspoon
- nutmeg (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- cloves (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup to pour on the top
Take the first ten ingredients from the list and mix them well in a quite large bowl. Now take prepared sliced bread or toast and dip each slice into the egg mixture. Arrange toasts in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, take the bowl with remaining egg-liquid and pour it over the top of the bread. Cover the dish and put it into the fridge overnight or at least for an hour to steep.
When it is time to cook the Toasts, remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Turn on the oven and while waiting, combine all eight ingredients for the topping and spread the mixture over the top.
When the oven is heated to 350°, bake the Toasts uncovered for 40 minutes. You can check if the dish is ready by inserting a toothpick or a knife in the center and make sure it comes out clean.
Let the Maple-Bacon French Toasts cool a little bit down, drizzle with Viking Farms Maple Syrup and serve the dish while still warm!
Another update of the French Toast recipe was revealed! Another wonderful breakfast is waiting to be served!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!