Last Updated on
Pumpkin Loaf is a wonderful breakfast choice! The color is bright as well as the taste! This pumpkin bread will charge you with positive energy and make a good start of the day.
Total Time to Cook the Pumpkin Loaf – 1 Hour 30 min.
- Cooking spray
- whole buttermilk: 3/4 cup
- quick-cooking oats: 1/2 cup
- pumpkin puree (canned): 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup (dark): 1/2 cup
- canola oil: 1/3 cup
- dark brown sugar: 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- white whole-wheat flour: 6 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- pumpkin pie spice: 1 tablespoon
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 350°. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine well buttermilk and oats in a bowl;. Let stand 15 minutes.
Whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in oat mixture. Set aside.
Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; whisk just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove the Pumpkin Loaf from pan and cool completely.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your desserts even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!