Last Updated on
Maple-Corn Oatmeal with Fruit is a wholesome breakfast recipe, which charges you with energy and powers you up. An easy, healthy and tasty meal – what can be a better morning solution? Simmer fresh, sweet corn kernels with toasted rolled oats until thick and creamy for a happy cross. If you want to go savory, omit milk and top with Cheddar cheese, green onions, and crumbled bacon!
Total Time to cook 4 servings of Maple-Corn Oatmeal with Fruit – 15 min.!
Ingredients to cook Maple-Corn Oatmeal with Fruit
- unsalted butter: 1 tablespoon
- fresh corn kernels: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 tablespoon
- rolled oats: 2 cups
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- water: 3 cups
- whole milk: 1 cup
- nutmeg (grounded): 1/8 teaspoon
- sliced fruit (berries): 1 cup
Take the butter and melt it in a saucepan over medium heat. Add corn and syrup; cook 3 minutes. Stir in oats and salt; cook 2 minutes. Add 3 cups water, milk, and nutmeg; cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Divide the Maple-Corn Oatmeal among 4 bowls. Top each serving evenly with your favorite fruits or berries!
For those who like dairy products for breakfast – combine 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt (2%) and vanilla extract ( 1/4 teaspoon ) and top the Maple-Corn Oatmeal!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your sweet meals even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!