Grade B Syrup gives these chewy cookies a strong, sweet maple flavor.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
Note: This is a wet dough, which makes it very important to chill it in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup dark brown sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 egg 3/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Add maple syrup and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients in two additions, stirring until just incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet, keeping cookies three inches apart. Bake cookies until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on sheet until moving to a cooling rack.