This chipotle maple barbecue beef brisket is beef brisket is massaged with a tangy spice rub and slathered with a barbecue sauce packed with sweet heat. Balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and chipotle all contribute to its superbly smooth flavor.
- One (3 1/2-to-4-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons Quito’s Butt Rub, or your fave barbecue rub
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Chipotle-Maple Barbecue Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup beer
- Place the beef in a baking dish and sprinkle it with the Butt Rub.
- Stir the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar together in a small bowl and pour it over the brisket, turning it several times to coat it evenly on all sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (176°C). Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Allow the brisket to sit at room temperature for a spell.
- Transfer the brisket to a plate, allowing any excess marinade to drip back into the baking dish. Reserve the marinade. Transfer the brisket to the grill or grill pan and cook, turning only once, until slightly charred but not cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Place the seared brisket in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet and pour the reserved marinade over it. Stir the barbecue sauce and beer together in a small bowl and pour it over the brisket, turning it several times to coat it evenly on all sides. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil or a tight-fitting lid and roast the brisket for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, until it pulls apart easily with a fork
- Remove the brisket from the oven and let cool slightly. Transfer the brisket to a rimmed cutting board and thinly slice across the grain or use two forks to shred it. Serve the brisket warm, with additional warm barbecue sauce drizzled over the top or served on the table.