Maple Chili Chickpeas is a rich source of protein and Omega 3’s in one spicy, delicious dish! Roasted Chickpeas complemented by sweet Maple Sugar and hot Chili flavors opens new bright perspectives for the dish.
Total Time to make 5-6 servings – 40-45 min. (mostly roasting process)
Ingredients for Maple Chili Chickpeas
- 2 cans of Chickpeas (15.5 oz), drained, rinsed skinned and patted dry
- olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- ancho chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/4 cup
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees; use parchment paper to line a half sheet pan.
Toss all ingredients together for Maple Chili Chickpeas and place them spreading on the baking sheet.
Start roasting 35-40 minutes until they golden and crunchy. While the Maple Chili Chickpeas are cooking, you need to stir them several times.
When our beautiful and tasty Maple Chili Chickpeasare ready – serve it and enjoy! If there is something left – cool completely and store in the fridge in an airtight container to continue later.
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Use Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!