Last Updated on
Pumpkin Candied Walnuts with Sesame is another healthy delight, which you should definitely have at hand as well as in your cookbook. It is an easy dessert but quite universal! You can enjoy Candied Walnuts both with hot drinks and as a beer snack! Make sure to use quality ingredients to reach the desired result!
Total Time to Make about 8 cups of Pumpkin Candied Walnuts with Sesame – 40 min.
- walnuts: 8 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 1/2 cups
- water: 1/2 cup
- canned pumpkin: 3 tablespoons
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- pumpkin pie spice: 1 1/2 tablespoons (divided)
- Cooking spray
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Sesame: 1/2 cup
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°F.
Take walnuts, maple syrup, pumpkin, water, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice and place all mentioned in an Instant Pot. Set pot to Sauté, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Place lid on Instant Pot, and lock it. Set pot to High Pressure. Set vent to Sealing, and cook for 10 minutes. Carefully release the pressure valve, and remove lid.
While walnuts are cooking, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
When walnuts are cooked, spread them in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook evenly. Toss together warm nuts, sugar, and remaining pumpkin pie spice (1/2 tablespoon) to coat evenly in a large bowl. Let the Pumpkin Candied Walnuts with Sesame cool completely.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!