Last Updated on
Maple-Mustard Ham is an easy recipe, which saves your effort but takes a lot of time because it needs to be cooked in a slow cooker. Nevertheless, the result is worth it! A fantastic combination of savory Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup create an unbelievably tasty glazed ham. This meat is perfect with any side dish or vegetable garnish.
Total Time to Cook the Maple-Mustard Ham – 5 Hours
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Dijon mustard: 1/3 cup
- boneless ham: 1 7- to 8-lb.
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- Whole-grain mustard
Combine maple sugar and mustard in a slow cooker until sugar is dissolved. Rub mustard mixture all over the ham and place it in a slow cooker. Pour maple syrup over ham. Cover and cook on low until heated through about 5 hours.
Remove the Ham, cover with foil and let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
Maple-Mustard Ham is great both warm and cold! If you will, top it with whole-grain mustard. The piece of the ham is pretty big, about 14 servings, so you can enjoy it for a few days.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!