Last Updated on
Butter-Maple Blondies are a delicious and easy cookie recipe with lots of walnuts! Pure maple syrup will add its distinctive flavors to the dessert. The darker maple syrup you choose the stronger aroma and taste you will get!
Total Time to Make 24 bars – 1 hour 10 min
Ingredients for Butter-Maple Blondies
- unsalted butter: 1 1/2 cups
- 4 eggs
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 3/4 cups
- all-purpose flour: 3 cups
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- walnuts (chopped and toasted) 1 1/4 cups, divided
Instructions to cook Butter-Maple Blondies
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°F.
Take the butter and melt it over medium heat in a saucepan. Whisk constantly while cooking for 5 minutes, until butter browns. Immediately pour into a bowl and place it to the fridge to cool. Keep whisking every 5 minutes for 20 minutes until thickened. It should look creamy.
Take a mixer and beat eggs and sugar on medium speed about 3 minutes until thickened. In another bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to egg mixture in thirds, alternately with cooled butter. Beat on low after each addition, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Then, slowly beat in maple syrup and vanilla. Keep beating just until combined. When the batter for Butter-Maple Blondies is ready, using spoon fold in walnuts (1 cup).
Prepare a greased and floured baking pan (13- x 9-inch). Pour and spread batter into. Sprinkle Butter-Maple Blondies with remaining walnuts (1⁄4 cup).
Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out dry. Cool Butter-Maple Blondies completely on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!