Crusty Chicken Tenders are just a great recipe to treat your friends or spend a night in front of the TV with your family. Serve with dippable chicken tenders delicious Spicy Maple Sauce and the perfect evening is guaranteed.
Ingredients to cook Crusty Chicken Tenders
- chicken thighs (boneless and skinless): 1 pound
- buttermilk: 1 cup
- Frozen waffles
- Frank’s RedHot sauce: ¼ cup
- flour: 1 cup
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- oil for frying
Ingredients to cook Spicy Maple Sauce
- Frank’s RedHot sauce: ½ cup
- butter (melted): ¼ cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: ¼ cup
Instructions to cook Crusty Chicken Tenders
Chunk the chicken or sliced into strips. Chicken thighs might vary in shape, so not to worry if you don’t get them equally sized. It will make our Crusty Chicken Tenders dish even more interesting.
Put the chicken in a container, mix hot sauce, buttermilk, and a pinch of salt, and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
Preheat an oven to 325°F, prepare frozen waffles and bake them for about 20 min. or until the waffles are completely dry out. Flipping halfway through. Break the baked and cooled waffles into pieces. Better to use a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
Heat a deep fryer to 350°F or a pan-fry in an inch of oil and a heavy, deep vessel. Prepare three deep bowls with half the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, egg, and half the waffle crumbs. Dredge the buttermilk-covered chicken pieces in these bowls: flour first, then egg, and waffle crumbs. Set processed chicken aside until you have enough to fill a fryer basket.
Fry the chicken for 3 minutes, take out from oil and make sure that they are not over-cooked and over-browned, and fry for an additional 3 minutes. When hot Crusty Chicken Tenders are cooked, let them rest and drain onto a paper towel-lined plate.
To cook the Sauce
Now, Spicy Maple Sauce time! Whisk together hot sauce, butter, and syrup in proportion you prefer to reach the desired taste combination.
Serve the Crusty Chicken Tenders with Spicy Maple Sauce while still hot!
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!