Nutty Maple Bars are the sweetest three words for quality delight lovers. Our gluten-free Bars definitely deserve your attention and worth being cooked and served as a holiday dessert. Only fine ingredients make this dessert both tasty and healthy.
Total Time to Cook Twenty Nutty Maple Bars – 2 hours.
To Make the Crust
- white rice flour: about 1/2 cup (2.6 ounces)
- cornstarch: about 1/2 cup (2.3 ounces)
- sweet white sorghum flour: about 1/2 cup (2.1 ounces)
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/2 cup
- butter: 6 tablespoons
- xanthan gum: 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
To Make the Filling
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/3 cup
- milk (1%): 1/4 cup
- butter: 1 tablespoon
- whole pecans: 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 375°. Line a 9-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
To prepare the crust for Nutty Maple Bars, weigh or lightly spoon white rice flour, cornstarch, and sorghum flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place white rice flour, cornstarch, sorghum flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles a fine meal. Press flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until edges of crust are slightly browned.
While crust bakes, combine syrup and next 3 ingredients (through 1 tablespoon butter) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk about 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add pecans and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, stirring with a whisk. Pour mixture into hot crust. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until seeing bubbles in the filling.
Cool Nutty Maple Treat completely in the pan, then sized the bars the way you want them.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!