Hard Plum Cider Cocktail is two in one – cocktail and dessert in tandem. Plus, it is a great solution for those who are seeking new ways on how to use plums! This fruit matches well with spices and you might discover it from an unexpected side.
Total time to Make the Hard Plum Cider Cocktail – 60 min.
Baking: 50 min. + Cooling: 5 min. + Making Cocktail: 5 min.
Ingredients to make Plum Syrup
- ripe plums (halved and pitted): 2 pounds
- honey: 1/2 cup
- cinnamon: 1 stick
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- anise: 2 stars
- balsamic vinegar: 2 teaspoons
- water: 1 1/2 cups
Ingredients to make the Cocktail
- plum syrup: 2 ounces
- Applejack: 1-ounce
- hard apple cider: 4 ounces
First, we are going to prepare the plum syrup as the main ingredient for our Hard Plum Cider Cocktail. To do it, turn on an oven and preheat it to 325°F. Place halved and pitted plums in 1 layer cut side down in an ovenproof dish.
Take a cinnamon stick and break in halves. Combine honey, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, water, cinnamon and anise in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat. When the mixture begins to boil, remove from the heat and pour over plums. Take the foil and tightly cover the dish.
Put plums into the hot oven and bake 45-50 minutes or until tender. When they are ready, first let them cool slightly without foil and then remove plums from the dish.
When we make the Hard Plum Cider Cocktail, not only adults finish with the delicious treat, but for children, there is a wonderful baked plum dessert as well.
When plums are ready – strain the syrup into a jar with an airtight lid and you can keep it in the fridge for up to 10-12 days.
The final step is to mix all ingredients for our Hard Plum Cider Cocktail. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add plum syrup with applejack. Shake for about 15 seconds. Strain into a glass with ice, then pour the cider and gently stir the Cocktail before serving it.
Check out our cool Malpe Ideas on how to advance the taste of your Favorite Beverages!
- Whether it is coffee, tea, home soda, or smoothie, add additional to taste starting with 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrup per cup;
- The Viking Farms Maple Petite is the perfect way to add Viking Farms Maple to your coffee or latte at your favorite coffee shop;
- In cocktails and punches, start with 0,5 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrups per cocktail or glass;
- Viking Farms Maple pairs well with whiskey (particularly bourbon), orange brandy, fruit vodkas, dark and gold rums, white tequila and herbaceous gins!