Maple Sticky Buns are sweet and sticky piece of delicious pastry. Maple puffy buns just melt in your mouth and may become your love from the first bite!
Total time to makes 2 dozen – 85 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Chilling: 30 min. + Baking: 25 min.
- active dry yeast: 2 packages
- warm water (110°-115°): 2 cups
- shortening: 1/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/2 cup
- 1 egg salt: 2 teaspoons
- all-purpose flour: 6 cups
- butter: 6 tablespoons
- brown sugar: 3/4 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 tablespoon
- walnuts (chopped): 3/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 cup
- Additional brown sugar
Prepare warm water in a large bowl and dissolve yeast in it. Then add flour (5 cups), shortening, sugar, egg and salt. Beat until smooth. Add remaining flour to form a soft dough for our Maple Sticky Buns. Cover and put to the fridge overnight. The dough can be kept in the cold up to 24 hours but then it should be cooked.
Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes until smooth and elastic. If needed – add more flour. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16×10-in. rectangle.
Take softened butter and spread 2 tablespoons on each rectangle, sprinkle each with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts. Prepare three greased 9-in. round baking pans, pour syrup into them.
Roll up each rectangle tightly starting with a short side using jelly-roll style. Slice each roll into 10-12 pieces to shape Maple Sticky Buns; place over syrup. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes until doubled.
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°. Bake Maple Sticky Buns 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool buns a little and invert onto serving plates maple syrup up.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!