Pumpkin-Maple Butter is an easy recipe for the delicious spread. With this amount of ingredients, you get a lot of the Butter, so if you want to make less of it – easily cut the recipe in half. The Pumpkin-Maple Butter creates a new taste of the old meals. The Maple spread is great for breakfast with pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, and toasts. So try our Spicy Butter and add new notes to your everyday dishes.
Total time to Make 4 cups of Pumpkin-Maple Butter – 1 hour 30 min.
- pumpkin: 2 (15-oz.) cans
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 1/4 cups
- apple cider: 2/3 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 2 tablespoons
- salt: 3/4 tablespoon
- nutmeg (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- cloves (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- allspice (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
Instructions to cook Pumpkin-Maple Butter
Combine all ingredients for together and stir them well in a large saucepan. Put on the medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Partially cover the saucepan and keep cooking over medium-low heat. Cook the Pumpkin-Maple Butter, stirring about half an hour until the mixture has thickened and darkened in color. Remove from heat, uncover and let it stand 1 hour to cool.
Taste the Pumpkin-Maple Butter at once with sandwich in the morning or store it in a jar in the fridge up to 5 days.
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Use Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!