Last Updated on
Spanish Corn-Maple Pancakes is an easy recipe to start your day with a bright tasty meal! Also, it is a perfect take away snack. The flavor of the dish is rich and spicy that is why warm or cold – the Pancakes are delicious. To add the final touch, top with a fried egg and drizzle with sweet maple syrup! In this case, keep pancakes warm and be ready to serve immediately.
Total Time to Make 8 Spanish Corn-Maple Pancakes – 25 min.
- dry-cured Spanish chorizo (diced): 2 ounces
- fresh yellow corn kernels (about 2 ears): 1 cup
- seeded jalapeño (diced): 1 tablespoon
- white whole-wheat flour: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- baking powder: 3/4 teaspoon
- baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- low-fat buttermilk: 1 cup
- 9 eggs, divided
- butter (melted): 2 tablespoons
- Cooking spray
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers): 1 1/2 teaspoons
- black pepper (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Instructions to Cook Spanish Corn-Maple Pancakes
In a medium nonstick skillet place chorizo, corn, jalapeño and cook, stirring often, over medium-high about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and 1 egg. Add buttermilk mixture and chorizo mixture to flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Gently stir in butter. Let stand 5 minutes.
Take a nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high. Lightly grease skillet with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter for each of 16 cakes onto the skillet, gently spread into 3-inch rounds using back of spoon. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Make 8 fried eggs to top Spanish Corn-Maple Pancakes. On a lightly greased pan, cook eggs 3-4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired degree of doneness.
In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and adobo sauce. Place 2 cakes on each of 8 plates; top each serving with 1 egg. Drizzle syrup over eggs and corn cakes. Sprinkle evenly with black pepper and cilantro.
You can add strips of fried bacon to make the Spanish Corn-Maple Pancakes even tastier!
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Use Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!