Maple nuts can be not only your perfect dessert but also spicy ginger snack or an interesting ingredient for your salads. Another great thing, which we like about this smart dish – you can eat nuts one at a time, enjoying each piece as long as you want it!
Total Time to make 3 cups of nuts: 30 min
Preparing: 10 min. + Baking: 20 min.
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- butter (cubed): 1/4 cup
- fresh ginger root: 6 slices
- water: 1 tablespoon
- hot pepper sauce: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1-1/2 teaspoons
- ginger (grounded): 1-1/2 teaspoons
- pecan (walnuts): 3 cups
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 325°. Take 15x10x1-in. baking pan, line it with foil and grease.
Combine all ingredients, except pecan nuts, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and keep simmering a couple of minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until the maple mixture for Maple Nuts is little syrupy. In the very end, discard ginger slices. Our glaze for Maple Nuts is ready!
Prepare a large bowl and place nuts in it. Drizzle nuts with syrup mixture and toss to coat. Transfer our almost ready maple nuts to the greased pan and put it to the hot oven. Roast 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool completely and serve Maple Nuts in the glass dessert cups drizzled with confectioners sugar.
By the way, we think you have already imagined your favourite ice-cream topped with these maple-ginger nuts – truly great combination!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your desserts even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!