Last Updated on
Baked Chicken in Maple-Mustard Glaze is tender meat cooked and served with a tangy-sweet sauce! Both roasted and baked, the chicken stays juicy; nevertheless, the main thing about this dish is the Glaze! Add some fresh greens to the meat and enjoy both tasty and healthy dinner meal.
Total Time to Cook 4 Servings of Baked Chicken in Maple-Mustard Glaze – 30 min.
- olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves (skinless and boneless)
- black pepper (freshly ground): 1/2 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- chicken broth (fat-free, lower-sodium): 1/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- fresh thyme (chopped): 2 teaspoons
- garlic (thinly sliced): 2 medium cloves
- cider vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- stone-ground mustard: 1 tablespoon
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 400°.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
Add broth, syrup, thyme, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently and scraping the pan. Add vinegar and mustard; cook for a minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to the pan, and spoon mustard mixture over chicken.
Put the pan to the oven and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the meat is done. Remove meat from the pan; let it stand 5 minutes.
Place the pan over medium heat; cook mustard mixture 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring frequently.
Pour the sauce over the Baked Chicken and serve immediately.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry, and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!