Last Updated on
Bacon-Peanut Fudge is not exactly the dessert… Because this sweet and salty treat goes well any time, you want it! The bacon-maple flavor combination is well-known and loved by many. Nevertheless, try to add to the fudge toasted peanuts and you will be pleasantly surprised with the taste!
Total Time to Cook Bacon-Peanut Fudge – 30 min. + 2 hours in the fridge.
Ingredients for Bacon-Peanut Fudge
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 cup
- marshmallow fluff: 1 jar 7 oz.
- evaporated milk: 1 can 5 oz.
- butter (unsalted): 6 tablespoons
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- white chocolate chips: 1 bag 12 oz.
- peanuts (toasted): 1 cup
- Lean Bacon: 1 pound
- Maple Extract: 1 teaspoon
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and mist with cooking spray.
Fry bacon crispy to add into Bacon-Peanut Fudge; remove from a pan and place onto paper towels to remove extra oil. When cool enough to handle, cut bacon into small pieces, throwing away any fatty pieces.
Combine sugar, marshmallow fluff evaporated milk, butter, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove pan from heat, stir in white chocolate chips until the mixture is smooth. Stir in peanuts, bacon and maple extract. Quickly pour into baking pan and smooth top. Refrigerate Bacon-Peanut Fudge about 2 hours uncovered until firm.
Place Fudge on cutting board. Remove all foil and cut fudge into pieces. Serve immediately!
You can store our Bacon-Peanut Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!