Chocolate Bars with maple syrup is a quick dessert recipe, which you can easily cook at home without any additional efforts!
Total Time to make 3 dozen – 45 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 25 min.
- unsweetened chocolate (melted): 1-1/2 ounces
- 3 eggs
- pecans (chopped): 1/2 cup
- shortening: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 3/4 cup
- sugar: 1/2 cup
- whole milk: 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour: 1-1/4 cups
- baking powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut (shredded): 1/2 cup
- butter: 1/4 cup
- confectioners’ sugar: 1 cup
- baking cocoa: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
Make the cream by combining the shortening, maple syrup and sugar until fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in the cream 3 eggs, milk and vanilla.
In another bowl combine three dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Now we have beautiful batter! Divide it equally and remove half to another bowl.
Combine melted chocolate and pecans; stir it into 1 bowl of batter. Prepare a greased 13×9-in. baking pan and spread chocolate batter in it.
Take the second bowl with the remaining batter and add coconut to it. Spread carefully coconut batter over chocolate one.
Preheat the oven to 350° and place there our two-layer batter. Bake for 25 min., to check if it is ready, insert a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out clean. When the pastry is ready – cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting for our Chocolate Bars, beat softened butter until smooth in a small bowl. Gradually, one by one, add the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, syrup, beating until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled pastry.
This dessert recipe has at least four variations – you can use different grades of maple syrup (gold, amber, dark or very dark) and each time get a new taste of Bars.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!