Last Updated on
Maple Turnovers with Apples is a classic dessert that can highlight any event or turn simple tea-time into the celebration!
Total Time to Cook Four Servings of Maple Turnovers with Apples – 30 min.!
- unsalted butter: 2 tablespoons
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (half of a 17.5-oz. box)
- milk: 1 tablespoon
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until browned and beginning to soften. Stir in 2 tbsp. sugar and syrup. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until apples are soft but not falling apart and liquid is syrupy. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Unroll pastry; cut into 4 squares.
Place 1 piece of pastry in front of you so that a point faces you. Spoon apple mixture over half, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold over to enclose filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry pieces and apples. Place on a baking sheet, brush with milk, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. sugar and bake until puffed and golden, 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve Maple Turnovers with Apples while still warm!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!