Coconut-Maple Cookies is a highly useful dessert recipe! Half an hour of your spare time and delightful homemade cookies are ready to be served at any tea-party!
Total Time to make 3 dozen – 30 min.
- 1 egg
- shortening: 1/2 cup
- brown sugar: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour: 1-1/2 cups
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- shredded coconut: 1 cup
- 3 dozen of pecans to decorate Coconut-Maple Cookies
Combine shortening and brown sugar in a bowl until creamy and fluffy. One by one beat in the egg, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well all ingredients.
Now, take and combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. At the last place stir in shredded coconut. Well, the batter for Coconut-Maple Cookies is ready!
Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease baking sheets and drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart to form Coconut-Maple Cookies onto the baking sheets. Top each cookie with a pecan nut. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden-brown.
These Coconut-Maple Cookies disappear from the plate with the speed of light, so keep your eyes open and take some while they are still there!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!