Last Updated on
Maple syrup-sweetened Quinoa-Maple Breakfast is naturally loaded with protein and fiber morning meal. Superfood ingredients make this breakfast every week must-have dish, especially it is so easy and quick to make!
Total Time to Cook Four Servings of Quinoa-Maple Breakfast – 25 min. only!
- red quinoa (rinsed): 1 cup
- water: 2 cups
- olive oil (extra-virgin): 1 tablespoon
- almonds: 1/4 cup
- dried apricots (cut into 1/2-inch pieces): 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoon
- orange zest (finely grated): 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh ricotta: 1/4 cup
Place the quinoa in a small saucepan, cover it with the water and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat covered about 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Lightly fluff the quinoa with a fork and cover it again.
Take the olive oil and heat it in a medium skillet. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat about 2 minutes, stirring a few times, until golden brown. Add the apricots, maple syrup, orange zest, and cinnamon and stir well until heated through.
Add the quinoa to the skillet and stir gently to incorporate the almonds and apricots. Top each portion of quinoa with a tablespoon of ricotta and serve.
Super tasty and healthy Quinoa-Maple Breakfast is ready!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your sweet meals even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!