Last Updated on
Asian Salad is a fresh and easy recipe for a quick healthy meal. Bright contrast flavors of frisée, pears, pecans, maple syrup, and blue cheese create restaurant gourmet starter to wake up your taste buds!
Total time to Cook Asian Salad – 20 min.
- Champagne vinegar: 1/4 cup
- extra-virgin olive oil: 1/2 cup
- Dijon mustard: 1 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 tablespoon
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- frisée: 2 to 3 heads (about 12 oz.), ends trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 Asian pears (halved and thinly sliced)
- pecans (toasted): 1 cup
- gorgonzola cheese (crumbled): 3/4 cup
To make the Asian Salad dressing – whisk together first 5 ingredients: champagne vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt. Then, combine frisée, pears, and pecans in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to coat. Sprinkle cheese on top and we prefer to leave it like this without final tossing.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
- Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips, and sauces;
- Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
- Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees, and chili spices;
- Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
- Great in cheese, onion, cream, and spicy dips!