Last Updated on
Fruit Granola Maple Muffins is a fancy coffeehouse treat that you can easily cook by yourself! Beautiful muffins taste like a delicious apple pie with cranberries and cinnamon granola. In the morning this pastry is a powerful wake-up call, in any other part of the day perfect match to hot drinks.
Total Time to Cook 12 Fruit Granola Maple Muffins – 1 hour 20 min
- all-purpose flour: 1 1/2 cups (about 6 3/8 oz.)
- dried cranberries (sweetened): 1/2 cup
- baking powder: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- apple pie spice: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon granola (divided): 1 cup
- applesauce (unsweetened): 3/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/2 cup
- butter (unsalted, melted): 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- parchment paper squares 12 (5-inch)
- 1 large apple (about 8 oz.), cut into pieces (1/2-inch)
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 375º.
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, apple pie spice, cranberries, and 3/4 cup of the granola. In another bowl whisk together applesauce, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
Fit 1 parchment square into each of the lightly greased cups of a 12-cup muffin pan. Pour muffin batter evenly among prepared muffin cups in the pan. Lightly press apple pieces into tops of batter, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup granola. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. To check, use a wooden pick – insert it in the center and if it comes out clean – Fruit Granola Maple Muffins are ready.
Cool in pans on wire racks and remove from pans to wire racks. When Fruit Granola Maple Muffins are cool enough to taste go ahead!
To make Muffins sweeter, you can drizzle them with Sticky Maple-Caramel Sauce before serving.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!