Last Updated on
Maple Chicken with Oranges is a great combination of white tender meat and fresh oranges. Very sophisticated taste becomes even brighter after adding some pure maple syrup to this light delicious meal.
Total Time to Cook 4 servings of Maple Chicken with Oranges – 40 min.!
- orange juice: 3/4 cup
- white wine (dry): 1/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- 5-6 large oranges (to make 20 orange fillets)
- cooked asparagus and rice (optional)
- Cooking spray
Pour in a small saucepan orange juice, wine, and maple syrup – bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
Coat large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and sauté the meat over medium heat until lightly browned (about 5 minutes per side).
Pour orange-maple mixture over chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and cook about 10 minutes until Maple Chicken is done.
You can serve the dish with a slice of orange, asparagus and on the pile of cooked rice (the way you see it in the picture). But if you have little time make Orange Fillets!
How to make Orange Fillets:
1. Cut the top and bottom off oranges.
2. Set your knife where the pith (white part) meets the flesh and start cutting downward following the shape of the fruit.
3. Repeat the same actions turning the orange a bit counterclockwise. Cut and turn the orange until there is no fruit left.
Make four servings, spoon glaze over the meat and place 5 orange fillets on the plate both as garnishing and as a side dish.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry, and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!