Maple Spritz Cookies are a quick and easy dessert recipe. It is great to make these sweet little pieces with children and have some fun while shaping and sizing them!
Total Time to make about 5 dozen – 30 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 10 min.
- all-purpose flour: 2-1/4 cups
- butter: 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- shortening: 1/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3/4 cup
- espresso powder: 1 tablespoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 teaspoons
- baking powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 375°. Cream butter, shortening and maple sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk egg, espresso powder and maple syrup; beat into creamed mixture.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl; gradually beat into creamed mixture to finish our Maple Spritz Cookies batter.
Take a cookie press, fit the disk you like to form Maple Spritz Cookies and press dough 1 in. apart onto baking sheets (ungreased).
Bake cookies about 8 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to cool.
When the Maple Spritz Cookies are ready, you can decorate them the way you like, using melted chocolate, confectioners sugar, and all the beautiful pastry decoration you can find in the shop!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- ake your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!