- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through the root
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges, stem ends left intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard. Season both sides of the salmon fillets liberally with salt and pepper, then brush them with the maple-mustard mixture and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, toss the sprouts and onion with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper until well-coated. Spread them out on a baking sheet, cut side-down, and roast on the lower rack until caramelized and tender, 20-30 minutes.
- When the sprouts are nearly done, arrange the fillets on an oven-proof dish and broil them, skin-side down, until the maple mixture is well-caramelized and the fish is just cooked through—7 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Serve with the sprouts and lemon wedges.
11 Apr 2019, 8:35