Flavorful, savory chicken is a perfect light dinner that will enjoy both children and adults!
Total Time to make 4 servings – half an hour
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- dried rosemary (crushed): 1/2 teaspoon
- dried thyme: 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut oil (or olive oil): 1 tablespoon
- onion (chopped): 1/2 cup
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Dijon mustard: 1/3 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 3 tablespoons
To cook our chicken we need to toss it with seasonings and place in a large skillet with hot oil. Now sauté chicken stripes for 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add garlic, onion and cook stirring 5 min. longer. The next step is to stir in maple syrup and mustard. Keep cooking for another 5-7 min. We need the sauce to be caramelized and chicken is done to a turn.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
• Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
• Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
• Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
• Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
• Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
• If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!