Last Updated on
Maple Fudge with Bacon and Walnuts is a wonderful variation on the same old fudge! Syrup and walnuts are a perfect addition to any dessert recipe, but the bacon is a savory twist of this particular one!
Total Time to make 2-1/2 pounds – 2 hours 10 min.
Preparing: 10 min. + Refrigerating: 2 hours
- butter: 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup
- walnuts (toasted and chopped): 1/2 cup
- bacon (fully cooked): 8 slices
- white baking chips: 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each)
- sweetened condensed milk: 1 can (14 ounces)
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 teaspoon
- Additional Viking Farms Maple Syrup to pour over ready-to-eat Maple Fudge with Bacon and Walnuts
Cook bacon according to package directions, crumble it and set aside. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil, then grease it with butter (1 teaspoon).
Combine baking chips, condensed milk, syrup and remaining butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. The chips should melt completely. If one minute is not enough, microwave in 10-second intervals until melted. Stir the mixture until smooth. Stir in chopped bacon and walnuts, after pour into the prepared pan lined with greased foil. Cover and put to the fridge at least for 2 hours or until the Maple Fudge mix is firm.
Lift fudge out of the pan using foil. Remove foil and cut fudge into squares or the way you want to have them.
Serve at the room temperature with additional maple syrup on the top!
The salty-sweet flavor combination is always an unexpected one! Maple Fudge with Bacon and Walnuts is a wonderful idea when you want to try something new!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!