The dinner meal recipe presented below is so good that we recommend to save it until a special occasion or if you want to make following evening especially tasty.
Total Time to makes 4 servings and Sauce: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- classic mustard: 2 tablespoons
- pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- butter: 1 tablespoon
- apple juice (unsweetened): 1/2 cup
- pecan (walnut): 1 cup
Divide maple syrup and combine 2 teaspoons of it with mustard and pepper. Take pork chops and lightly drizzle them from both sides.
Slowly heat butter in a large nonstick skillet. Place prepared pork chops and brown them 3-4 minutes on each side. Then add apple juice, reduce heat and keep simmering, covered, 20-25 minutes or, in case you have a thermometer until it reads 145°. Remove chops from the skillet, keeping them warm.
Add pecans (or walnuts, if you like) and remaining syrup to skillet. Cook couple of minutes, stirring until blended. The sauce is ready – serve it with pork chops.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!