This full of vegetables sausage stir-fry is a wonderful evening meal decision. Easy-get ingredients, little time to cook and you are ready to relax with the flavoring plate in hands after a long busy day.
Total Time to make 2 servings – 25 min.
- fully cooked sausages (sliced): 1/2 pound
- fresh mushrooms (sliced): 1-1/2 cups
- 1 green pepper (cut)
- 1 red pepper (cut)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 celery rib (cut) (optional)
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Hot cooked rice as a garnish
Pour oil in a large skillet and heat it over medium-high. Add sliced sausage, cook them stirring 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. The next step is to add vegetables, keep cooking and stirring 3-4 minutes longer. When vegetables are little crispy and tender, stir in maple syrup and pepper. Heat everything through.
Arrange rice on the plate and place our Maple Sausage mixture on the top or just next to it. You can replace the side dish with any garnish you like (pasta, mashed potato, buckwheat) – it still would be a very pleasant dish.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
• Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
• Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
• Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
• Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
• Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
• If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!