Last Updated on
There are a lot of people who would put in a row of favorite morning-meals with oat-meal, fried eggs, and toast – one-and-only children’s favorite breakfast choice – pancakes. But it might take a while to cook enough of them, especially when you have a busy morning.
Therefore, today we want to suggest you to cook special pastry pancakes! Even triple special:
1. We will make not pancakes, but one big Pan Cake!
2. It would be not an ordinary pancake but blueberry one!
3. We will use maple frosting on the top of our pastry from a Pan!
Interested? Then let’s start!
Total Time for 12 servings – 25 min.
Preparation 10 min. + Baking 15 min.
- buttermilk pancake mix: 3 cups
- water: 1-3/4 cups
- blueberries: 1 cup
- all-purpose flour: 2 teaspoons
- confectioners’ sugar: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- softened butter: 1/4 cup
Turn on the oven and heat it to 350°. Combine pancake mix with water and stir. Take a bowl, big enough to toss blueberries with flour, then fold butter – our dough is ready!
Now it is time to take already greased baking pan 13×9-in. and transfer our mixture into it. Bake our beautiful pastry mass for about 15-18 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick in the center of the Blueberry Cake and it comes out clean.
When our Pan Cake is ready, try to give it some time to cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
Mix well our frosting ingredients together until smooth and spread them gently over the cooled Blueberry Pastry.
Now we are ready to enjoy this quick, easy, but the most important, delicious Blueberry Cake from the Pan and sparkle the day from the very beginning!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!