Last Updated on
Diversity of Pasta types is overwhelming and it is another reason to love this delicious Italian dish! Whole-grain pasta is a good choice for a healthy quick meal. It goes well with any meat, vegetables, cheese, or even solo. Today we want to share the recipe with bacon, Gorgonzola cheese, and maple syrup.
To cook 4 servings of Pasta with Maple Bacon you will need 30 min.
Ingredients for Spaghetti
- one 12-ounce box of spaghetti
- extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- bacon (stripes) – 6 ounces
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- pure maple syrup – 2 tbsp.
- Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled) – ¾ cup
- fresh thyme – 2 tablespoons
Ingredients are gathered – let’s cook!
Boil water in a large pot, add a little salt, and place there spaghetti. Cook pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and toss the pasta with the olive oil.
Take a large skillet and cook the bacon for 5 min. When bacon is crispy, remove it, add shallots in the remaining fat and maple syrup. Cook for a couple of minutes until tender.
Return bacon back to the pan, add spaghetti and toss to combine. Garnish with Gorgonzola and thyme.
Enjoy this wonderful easy Pasta with Maple Bacon recipe and make your lunch a highlight of the day!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips, and Sauces even tastier!
- Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
- Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees, and chili spices;
- Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
- Great in cheese, onion, cream, and spicy dips!