This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for VermontMapleSyrup.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website.
At VermontMapleSyrup we respect your privacy! That is why we inform you that we will use the e-mail you have shared with us to set details about Internet orders, confirm them, notify you of changes or updates to the site or announce a special offer.
We work hard to ensure the privacy of your personal information. All personal details, including your credit card number, is encrypted and sent over secure Internet lines only.
We do not rent or sell to marketers (or others) our users’ personal data. Information that you choose to supply is only used for servicing your account in the most efficient manner. We also may use anonymous information provided by your browser to improve the customer experiences across our catalog and website.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
3. Information Collection
We may collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personal Identifiable Information (Non-PII) from you when you visit our website. Typical data that you may provide to us and we collect includes:
- email address
- postal address
- payment information
- Internet Service Provider (i.e. yourproviderdomain.com);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device your using;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Internet address of the site from which you navigated directly to our website;
- The browser and operating system being used;
- Screen size and whether Flash or Java is installed
- Search terms and navigation paths you used during your visit.
Information you provide about a third party – Visitors who use the Email A Friend feature to communicate with third parties should be aware that the names and email address data you provide may be included in the email message. This third-party information, however, is used only to send the Email A Friend message and is not used in future marketing messages.
4. Cookies & Other Technologies
We use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies to gather information about how you engage with our website.
The Non-PII your browser sends us provides anonymous, statistical information that can be used to improve our website and services, enhance your shopping experience and keep our website secure. While most data collected via your browser is non-identifying, some data may be associated with you. The latter is treated as personal information.
We may use non-PII information in the following ways:
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services.
- To help us resolve problems and improve our website, products and services.
- To enhance your shopping experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
Generic information about how visitors engage with our website may be collected by using various methods including:
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is a tiny, often-transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email and used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or receiving the email. Beacons are often used in combination with cookies.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with a website (i.e. links you click on, length of time spent on a page, referring site, etc.). The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider. These scripts are active only while you are connected to the websites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
6. How We Use Your Info
We use the PII you submit to us to fulfill customer service functions related to your questions, catalog requests and shopping orders. We may also use your PII to send you promotional offers and to respond to other customer service issues. Common examples include:
- Process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipments.
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- Contact you, if necessary.
The Non-PII your browser sends us provides anonymous, statistical information that can be used to improve our website and services, enhance your shopping experience and keep the website secure. For example, we may use non-PII information to:
- Understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide personalized services and experiences across the catalog and website.
- Resolve problems and improve our website, products and services.
- Enhance your shopping experience.
- Analyze trends and statistics.
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
7. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website: see what data we have about you, if any; change/correct any data we have about you; have us delete any data we have about you. Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Please do not ever send credit card information via an email message, as email communications are not always secure.
We ask that you supply us with the following information: name as printed on the card, credit card number, expiration date, billing address (if different from shipping address) and your credit card ID number (as printed on the card). Credit card information is highly confidential and is not used for any purpose other than to pay for and expedite your order quickly.
9. Disclosure (Sharing)
Any information provided is used by VermontMapleSyrup for marketing, statistical and customer service purposes only.
We do not share your personal information without your permission with any company, person or entity for purposes other than customer service, order fulfillment or legal compliance. For example:
We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer data and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, processing product reviews in the future, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
We may disclose certain information about you, however, if compelled by laws or regulations or in response to a subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of VermontMapleSyrup or others.
10. Using Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please, be aware that we have no control of other websites and can’t be responsible for its security. We recommend using caution when submitting data to websites and reading other website’s privacy policies.
11. Contact Us
The quickest and the most convenient way of getting in touch with us is through our E-mail Address or phone number on the website.
12. Changes To Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you. We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help to protect your privacy.
Last update: April 2020