Last Updated on
Roasted Chicken with Vegetables is a classical dish, which does not age. By adding new ingredients and creating new flavor combinations, we may never get tired of it, especially if it goes with Maple Syrup Dressing!
Total Time to make 6 servings – 50 min
Preparing: 15 min. + Baking: 35 min.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and coarsely cut)
- 4 carrots (peeled and coarsely cut)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 450°.
Place potatoes, carrots and onion in a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Now arrange chicken, skin side down, on the top. Put the filled baking pan into the heated oven and roast 10 minutes.
In ten minutes, turn the chicken over, skin side up, drizzle with maple syrup, salt and pepper.
Keep roasting 30 minutes longer or, in case you have a thermometer, it should read 170°-175°, after you insert it in chicken. Vegetables are supposed to be tender.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!