Last Updated on
Salmon fillet is a very gentle product with fine taste, which can be an excellent choice for sophisticated dinner meals. To enhance the flavor of this ingredient try to use Viking Farms Maple Syrup and apple juice marinade to provide the fillets with mild sweetness.
Total Time to makes 4 servings – 15 min. (marinating does not include)
Preparing: 5 min. + Marinating: 60 min. + Grill: 10 min.
- 4 salmon fillets
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- apple juice: 1/3 cup
- reduced-sodium soy sauce: 3 tablespoons
- onion (chopped): 2 tablespoons
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
Whisk all ingredients except salmon in a bowl until blended.
Remove 1/2 cup for basting, the rest cover and put in the fridge.
Place salmon into a large resealable plastic bag and pour in the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (better up to 3 hours).
Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and rub on grill rack to coat lightly using long-handled tongs. Drain salmon and place the fish on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Basting frequently during the last 4 minutes.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!