A tender taste of the seafood accompanied by the deep caramel notes of Dark Maple Syrup will turn this well-known dish into a new and exciting gourmet experience.
Total Time to make 5-6 servings – half an hour
- 2 # Tail- On Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- milk: 1/2 cup
- buttermilk: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Dark Color Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- all purpose flour: 1 cup
- cornmeal: 2 tablespoons
- black pepper: 1 tablespoon
- salt: 1/2 tablespoon
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- oil for frying
To start with, let us combine all dry ingredients: the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
In another dish, whisk wet ingredients: the milk, buttermilk and bourbon maple syrup.
Now it is time to prepare boiling oil. In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 375 degrees. Better to use a deep fryer thermometer to monitor the temperature.
Place parchment paper on the table or line a baking sheet.
Pat the shrimp dry and dredge in the flour mixture first, then dip it in the wet mixture and then again into the dry one. Arrange all processed shrimps on the lined parchment to allow the coating set before frying.
Deep fry shrimps in the oil until they are cooked through. It usually takes very little time, just a couple of minutes until they brown golden.
Serve shrimp with limes and one of our soft Artisan cheese!
Maple Syrup as a glaze or sauce fits meat, poultry and seafood perfectly. Check out our following ideas on how to make your meat dishes and sauces exceptionally good!
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
• Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
• Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
• Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
• Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
• Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
• If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
• Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips and sauces;
• Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
• Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees and chili spices;
• Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
• Great in cheese, onion, cream and spicy dips!