Last Updated on
Aroma Cinnamon Bars with sweet Maple Glaze are great with hot tea at any mealtime. This easy dessert recipe is quick and very transportable, so you and your family can take bars with and enjoy at school, office or wherever.
Total Time to make 2 dozen – 40 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 20 min.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Bars
- all-purpose flour: 2-2/3 cups
- 2 eggs
- butter: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 2 cups
- vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon baking chips: 3/4 cup
- confectioners’ sugar: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 350°. Blend well butter, maple sugar and vanilla until creamed texture. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
In another bowl gradually whisk flour, baking powder and salt. After the mixture has turned into the cream, stir in cinnamon chips. Spread into a greased baking pan (13×9-in.).
Pun the pan with Cinnamon Bars into the hot oven and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, cut into bars.
To prepare the Maple Glaze for Cinnamon Bars, mix all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and then drizzle over Bars.
If there are some Cinnamon Bars left, which is doubtful, store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!