Last Updated on
Smoky Fig Cocktail is an unusual glass with flavorful, saturated liquid. The very rich and unexpected taste of the cocktail truly delivers an intense gourmet satisfaction.
Total time to Make the Smoky Fig Cocktail – 25 min.
Fig Roasting: 10 min. + Cooling: 10 min. + Shaking: 5 min.
Ingredients to make fig purée
- 12 ripe figs
- balsamic vinegar: 1/4 cup
Ingredients to make the cocktail
- fig purée: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- bourbon: 1 1/2 ounce
- lemon juice (freshly squeezed): 1/4 ounce
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 ounce
- Dash orange bitters
First, we will start with flavorful fig purée for our Smoky Fig Cocktail. To do it, turn on an oven and preheat it to 350°. Place halved figs in a baking pan and pour onto them the balsamic vinegar. Bake figs for 10-12 minutes. To prevent burning, stirring occasionally. When figs are soft, remove and let them cool about 10 minutes.
Now we need a blender to make the fig purée. Pour the roasted figs with liquid into the blender and purée them until fully.
You can store this super tasty and healthy purée in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5days.
Final steps to make the Smoky Fig Cocktail.
Take a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Add all ingredients to the shaker: fig purée, bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, and orange bitters. Shake for 15-20 seconds, and then strain into a prepared cocktail glass.
Check out our cool Malpe Ideas on how to advance the taste of your Favorite Beverages!
- Whether it is coffee, tea, home soda, or smoothie, add additional to taste starting with 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrup per cup;
- The Viking Farms Maple Petite is the perfect way to add Viking Farms Maple to your coffee or latte at your favorite coffee shop;
- In cocktails and punches, start with 0,5 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrups per cocktail or glass;
- Viking Farms Maple pairs well with whiskey (particularly bourbon), orange brandy, fruit vodkas, dark and gold rums, white tequila and herbaceous gins!