Green Salad With Maple-Cider Vinaigrette is a deluxe version of spinach salad with sliced apple, onion and goat cheese and is topped with sweet curried pecans.
Total Time to Make 8 Servings of Green Salad With Maple-Cider Vinaigrette – 50 min.
Sugared Curried Pecans
- pecan halves: 1 (6-oz.)
- butter (melted): 2 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- ginger (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- curry powder: 1/8 teaspoon
- salt: 1/8 teaspoon
- red pepper (grounded): 1/8 teaspoon
- cider vinegar: 1/3 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil: 2/3 cup
- 1 (10-oz.) package fresh baby spinach (thoroughly washed)
- 1 Gala apple (thinly sliced)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- goat cheese: 1 (4-oz.) package
To prepare pecans for the Green Salad preheat an oven to 350°. Toss pecans in butter. Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; add pecans, tossing to coat. Spread in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes.
For our Maple-Cider Vinaigrette whisk together the cider vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended.
To cook salad combine spinach and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with the desired amount of Maple-Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans.
Serve salad with any remaining vinaigrette.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
- Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips, and sauces;
- Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
- Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees, and chili spices;
- Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
- Great in cheese, onion, cream, and spicy dips!