Last Updated on
Hot Butternut Rum is a holiday mood cocktail from NYC. A wonderful set of spices with rum and intense black tea create the drink, which warms you up and tastes just the way it should!
Total time to Make the Hot Butternut Rum Cocktail – about 60 min.
Baking Squash: 45 min. + Cooling: 10 min. + Making Cocktail: 5-10 min.
Ingredients to make the butternut butter
- 1 medium butternut squash
- unsalted butter: 1/2 pound
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 1/2 teaspoons
- nutmeg (grounded): 1 1/2 teaspoons
- allspice (grounded): 1 1/2 teaspoons
- cloves (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3 ounces
- pinch salt
Ingredients to make the Hot Butternut Rum Cocktail
- Earl Grey tea (hot): 3 ounces
- aged rum: 1 ½-2 ounces
- Velvet Falernum: 1/4 ounce
- butternut squash butter: 3/4 ounce
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 teaspoon
Instructions for the butternut squash butter
Turn on the oven and preheat to 400°F.
Split squash lengthwise and scoop out all seeds. Sprinkle halves of the squash with salt, then brush with maple syrup. Cover sheet pan with aluminum foil and lay squash flesh side down. Put to the hot oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
The squash is ready when flesh yields easily to a knife. When it is possible to handle, scoop flesh from the skin. Take a food processor or blender and puree the butternut squash with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and maple sugar – the key ingredient for the Hot Butternut Rum Cocktail. Make sure the texture is smooth, without pulp.
You can store this wonderful spicy puree in the fridge for a few days.
Instructions for the Hot Butternut Rum Cocktail
Pour the hot black tea into a mug and stir it with rum, Falernum and maple syrup. Then swirl in butternut squash butter. Serve immediately while the Hot Butternut Rum Cocktail can still warm you up.
Check out our cool Malpe Ideas on how to advance the taste of your Favorite Beverages!
- Whether it is coffee, tea, home soda, or smoothie, add additional to taste starting with 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrup per cup;
- The Viking Farms Maple Petite is the perfect way to add Viking Farms Maple to your coffee or latte at your favorite coffee shop;
- In cocktails and punches, start with 0,5 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrups per cocktail or glass;
- Viking Farms Maple pairs well with whiskey (particularly bourbon), orange brandy, fruit vodkas, dark and gold rums, white tequila and herbaceous gins!