Buttermilk Maple Gin Flip is a tasty, creamy drink for people who like cocktails and usually find themselves standing at the open fridge with leftover buttermilk. The cocktail’s taste is rich with a beautiful foamy rim that supports traditional nutmeg dusting.
Originally, the Gin Flip goes with heavy cream. In our case, by replacing it with buttermilk we lighten the cocktail and now can enjoy it without additional fat.
Maple syrup sweetness works perfectly well with a light touch of buttermilk acidity inside the drink. Together with gin, they create a truly nice flavor of a new version of this cocktail classic.
Total time to Make the Buttermilk Maple Gin Flip – 2 min.
- gin: 2 ounces
- buttermilk: 1 ounce
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 ounce
- 1 egg (separated yolk and white)
- nutmeg (fresh)
To make this wonderful cocktail, first, you need a shaker. Open it and place inside an egg yolk with a few ice cubes. Seal the shaker and be ready to shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Open the shaker, add gin, buttermilk, maple syrup, egg white and fill remaining space with ice. Seal the shaker and continue shaking vigorously for about 30 seconds.
When all ingredients are nicely mixed, strain into chilled glass.
Garnish by grating nutmeg over top.
Check out our cool Malpe Ideas on how to advance the taste of your Favorite Beverages!
- Whether it is coffee, tea, home soda, or smoothie, add additional to taste starting with 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrup per cup;
- The Viking Farms Maple Petite is the perfect way to add Viking Farms Maple to your coffee or latte at your favorite coffee shop;
- In cocktails and punches, start with 0,5 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrups per cocktail or glass;
- Viking Farms Maple pairs well with whiskey (particularly bourbon), orange brandy, fruit vodkas, dark and gold rums, white tequila and herbaceous gins!