Last Updated on
Maple Nut Bars is an easy and healthy dessert recipe! These nut treats are great solutions for those sweet lovers who appreciate not only the taste but also the nutritious value of the sweeties.
Total Time to make 5 dozen – 40 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 20 min.
- all-purpose flour: 3 cups
- confectioners’ sugar: 3/4 cup
- cold butter: 1-1/2 cups
- brown sugar: 1-1/2 cups
- butter (cubed): 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- pecans (chopped): 2 cups
- walnuts (chopped): 2 cups
- heavy whipping cream: 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract: 3/4 teaspoon
To cook sweet and tasty Maple Nut Bars, first, turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°. Mix flour and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter until crumbly. Prepare a greased baking pan (15x10x1-in.) and press the dough into it. Put to the hot oven and bake the Maple Nut Bars base at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
While waiting, combine butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down to low heat and keep stirring until butter is completely melted. Stir in two types of nuts, cream and vanilla to finish Maple Nut Bars filling. Now, spread our sticky nut-mixture over the crust.
Return back to the oven and bake until bubbly (20-25 minutes). Cool and cut into Maple Nut Bars.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!