Last Updated on
Spicy Mulled Wine is spicy indeed with delightful citrus flavors. A complex blend of spices, red wine, maple syrup and brandy creates a great beverage, which can warm you up when it is cold, or, by adding ice, cool you down during hot summer days.
Total Time to Make the Spicy Mulled Wine – 2 hours 40 min.
Preparing: 10 min. + Cooking in a Slow Cooker: 2 hours 30 min.
- coriander seed: 1/2 teaspoon
- allspice: 6 berries
- cardamom: 4 lightly crushed pods
- mace: 2 blades
- cinnamon: 1 stick
- anise: 1 star
- cheap cabernet sauvignon bottle (1 750 ml)
- 1 orange
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- brandy (preferably apricot): 1 tablespoon
Take a skillet and toast spices for our Spicy Mulled Wine on high heat about 30 seconds until fragrant. Then remove spices from heat and transfer them to a spice infuser bag (but without cinnamon).
Pour wine in a saucepan and bring it to a bare simmer. Then prepare a slow cooker, transfer wine and set on low heat.
Add orange juice and hull, all spices. Cover a slow cooker and steep on low heat.
Spicy Mulled Wine should be in the cooker for 2 hours. After adding brandy with maple syrup, cover and keep steeping 30 minutes longer.
Our Spicy Mulled Wine tastes great both hot and chilled. Before serving, garnish with a cinnamon stick and sliced orange!
Check out our cool Malpe Ideas on how to advance the taste of your Favorite Beverages!
- Whether it is coffee, tea, home soda, or smoothie, add additional to taste starting with 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrup per cup;
- The Viking Farms Maple Petite is the perfect way to add Viking Farms Maple to your coffee or latte at your favorite coffee shop;
- In cocktails and punches, start with 0,5 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple Syrups per cocktail or glass;
- Viking Farms Maple pairs well with whiskey (particularly bourbon), orange brandy, fruit vodkas, dark and gold rums, white tequila and herbaceous gins!