Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 pounds pork or beef ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
Preheat oven to 350° (or see above for grill instructions). In a medium-size bowl, blend maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, and ketchup. Add cayenne if you like. Set aside.
Cut ribs into 4- to 5-inch lengths. Sprinkle lightly with salt and roast 1—1-1/4 hours. Pour off all fat. Baste with sauce and roast another 30 minutes, basting and turning every 5—6 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes. Baste one last time and serve.