Roasted Maple Vegetables are the meal everybody should enjoy on a day-to-day basis. Flavorsome and rich in taste this meal is full of ingredients, which provide your body with vitamins and other important for health elements! A little tip: steam the vegetables to reduce time on having them cooked!
Total time to Cook 7 servings of Roasted Maple Vegetables – 70 min.
- small beets (trimmed, peeled, and cut into wedges): 1 pound
- parsnips (cut into slices): 1 pound
- carrots (cut into slices): 1 pound
- Cooking spray
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- cider vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- 1 lemon
- olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- coriander seeds (crushed): 2 teaspoons
- dried tarragon: 1/2 teaspoon
- thyme: 12 fresh sprigs
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper (freshly grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
Instructions to cook Roasted Maple Vegetables
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 400°.
Combine syrup and vinegar; set aside.
Steam first 3 ingredients, covered, for 5 minutes. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
Squeeze juice from a lemon into a bowl; add lemon halves to beet mixture. Combine juice, oil, coriander, tarragon, and 12 thyme sprigs. Pour over beet mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Pour syrup mixture over beet mixture; stir well to coat. Bake Roasted Maple Vegetables an additional 30 minutes or until beets are tender. Discard lemon halves.
Roasted Maple Vegetables is a wonderful dish, which goes well with ham or roast chicken.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
- Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips, and sauces;
- Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
- Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees, and chili spices;
- Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
- Great in cheese, onion, cream, and spicy dips!