Beside taste itself, one of the biggest Doughnuts advantages is the time you spend on cooking! Five minutes and world-famous treat s ready! Maybe it is not an every-day breakfast but it is definitely worth eating from time to time, especially when this one-bite meal is complemented by maple syrup and bacon!
Total Time to make 2 dozen of Maple Doughnuts – 30 min
Preparing: 20 min. + Cooking: 5-10 min.
- all-purpose flour: 1-1/2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/2 cup
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 egg
- 2% milk: 1/2 cup
- melted butter: 1 tablespoon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- confectioners’ sugar: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 3 tablespoons
- 2% milk: 1 tablespoon
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- maple-flavored bacon (cooked and crumbled): 7 strips
Mix following dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Take another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients egg, milk, and melted butter, until they blended. Add the moist mix to the first flour mixture and stir them well together.
Put the deep fryer on the cooker and heat oil to 350°. Drop into the boiling oil the full tablespoon of batter, a few at a time. Fry the Doughnuts 3-4 minutes. To fry them well, turning often each piece while cooking. When the Doughnuts are golden brown, drain on paper towels to remove extra oil.
To make the sweet glaze, mix all ingredients in a bowl until the mix is smooth.
After all Doughnuts are fried – dip them warm into the Maple glaze. Do not forget to sprinkle tops with bacon before tasting.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!